List:       ipfilter
Subject:    Filter question
From:       "Small, Jim" <jim.small () eds ! com>
Date:       2002-12-06 5:02:56

Is it possible to filter on domain names instead of/in addition to IPs?
block out log quick on <IF> proto tcp from any to pornography.com

I would like to mention that I *know* it would be slow.  But let's say I'm
stubborn and want to do it anyway!  How would I setup such a configuration?

I know you could setup a "black-list" file and convert all the names into
IPs.  However, there are problems with this approach.  I also realize you
could do this with transparent proxying and squid, but for various reasons I
do not want to use squid.

What I'm really hoping is that there is some way you could enable this
"feature" directly from ipfilter.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
   <> Jim