List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: My Take on Virtdomains so far
From:       Phil Dibowitz <phil () ipom ! com>
Date:       2002-08-23 22:51:44

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> This did nab me as well, but it is documented:
>
> "  The Cyrus virtual domains implementation supports per-domain
> administrators as well as "global" (inter-domain) administrators.
> Domain-specific administrators are specified with a fully qualified userid
> in the admins option (e.g.  admin@example.net) and only have access to
> mailboxes in the associated domain. Mailbox names should be specified in
> the same fashion as on a single domain configuration. "
>  - From install-virtdomains.html

I sorta took that as "can be" instead of "needs to be"... I guess I'm just
dense. =)

> Actually, using sasldb2, it should be documented that there is, in fact,
> no such thing as a 'global user', as all users get created with the local
> part attached ... this may be different using the MySQL auxprop ...

In that case using
admins: cyrus

Has no effect because there is no user cyrus, because cyrus will necessarily
have a domain attached to it?

--
Phil Dibowitz                             phil@ipom.com
Freeware and Technical Pages              Insanity Palace of Metallica

  - Benjamin Franklin, 1759