List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: My Take on Virtdomains so far
From:       "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy () hub ! org>
Date:       2002-08-23 21:51:49

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Phil Dibowitz wrote:

> 1. One thing that should be added to the documentation is that if you are
> logged in with cyradm as a local domain admin (i.e. admin@bla.com) you can NOT
> use the fully qualified username. So, you can't say 'cm user.phil@bla.com).
> You must use a relative name such as user.phil. I don't think this is a
> problem, but it should be documented.

This did nab me as well, but it is documented:

"  The Cyrus virtual domains implementation supports per-domain
administrators as well as "global" (inter-domain) administrators.
Domain-specific administrators are specified with a fully qualified userid
in the admins option (e.g.  admin@example.net) and only have access to
mailboxes in the associated domain. Mailbox names should be specified in
the same fashion as on a single domain configuration. "
 - From install-virtdomains.html

> 2. It should also be documented that if a global user and a local user
> have the same username, the local user takes precedence.

Actually, using sasldb2, it should be documented that there is, in fact,
no such thing as a 'global user', as all users get created with the local
part attached ... this may be different using the MySQL auxprop ...