List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: Newbie question
From:       Michael Fair <michael () daclubhouse ! net>
Date:       2002-08-05 17:54:43

> Actually, I recompiled sasl with auxprop support, and I can still login
> to email (using the shell account) without having an account in
> /etc/sasl2db.  Yet I still can't use /etc/saslbd2 to login with the test
> account.????

Please make sure /etc/sasldb2 is "rw" by the cyrus user
I did this by chown root.mail, chmod ug=rw,o=, and then
put cyrus in the mail group and restarting cyrus.

If you aren't concerned about other applications also
accessing the sasl auth source then just chown the file
to the cyrus user and try again.

/var/log/mail.* has lots of info about why things fail.

Good luck,
-- Michael --