List:       info-cyrus
Subject:    Re: Newbie question
From:       Eugene Chow <xyrik () ecentrenet ! com>
Date:       2002-08-06 8:00:29

<head>
</head>
In my experience, there're two reasons why auxprop doesn't work. First is
that your sasldb2 file is not readable by the user IMAPd runs at. In that
case, you'll see a 'Permission denied' message in one of your log files.<br>
Second is that your IMAP server is somehow configured to have a different
address as your computer's hostname. In my case, my hostname was \
majordomo.ecentrenet.com while the server runs as imap.ecentrenet.com. In that case, \
you'll have to specify the domain address when you create the accounts using \
saslpasswd2 (ie. saslpasswd2 -u &lt;imap.domain&gt; root).<br>
The second problem gave me helluva headache for 1 week. Hope that helped.
..<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">&nbsp;&lt;&lt; Eugene  Chow &gt;&gt;
     ==--==--==
-=ecentrenet dot kom=-
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://ecentrenet.com">http://ecentrenet.com</a></pre> <blockquote type="cite" \
cite="mid:007501c23ca9$2e2966c0$6a5a7143@cocacola">  <blockquote type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">Actually, I recompiled sasl with auxprop support, and I can still \
login<br>to email (using the shell account) without having an account \
in<br>/etc/sasl2db.  Yet I still can't use /etc/saslbd2 to login with the \
    <pre wrap=""><!----><br>Please make sure /etc/sasldb2 is "rw" by the cyrus \
user<br>I did this by chown root.mail, chmod ug=rw,o=, and then<br>put cyrus in the \
mail group and restarting cyrus.<br><br>If you aren't concerned about other \
applications also<br>accessing the sasl auth source then just chown the file<br>to \
the cyrus user and try again.<br><br>/var/log/mail.* has lots of info about why \
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol"></pre>