List:       grinder-development
Subject:    [Grinder-development] Automating a Distributed Grinder Test
From:       Kelvin Ward <kelvin.d.ward () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-20 12:35:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi

I've been working on automating the running of a grinder test with
distributed load injectors (agents) programming with jython.

I used ssh to automatically distribute the files to the injectors. I also
successfully used the experimental console API to connect to the console,
start and stop the worker processes managed by the distributed agents.

My problem at this point is deciding when I should tell the workers/agents
to stop running. If the test is meant to have an infinite amount of runs I
can just wait until the grinder.duration property limit is reached. Can
anyone suggest a block of code that would allow my jython process to listen
to the status of the remote worker processes (what the process number is,
state - started | running | finished )? I think the console must have some
code like this, but I'm rather lost browsing the grinder source code knowing
what objects to instantiate and connect together.

Cheers.