List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] RESTRICT=parallel for builds that can't be executed in parallel
From:       Enrico Weigelt <weigelt () metux ! de>
Date:       2010-04-30 16:32:30

* Luca Barbato <lu_zero@gentoo.org> schrieb:

> I wonder if that case shouldn't be handled better with an huge ewarn so
> people concerned would really run it in a benchmark environment, alone.

ewarns should be circumvented (make it work w/o them), IMHO.

I can imagine I'm not the only person who doenst want to keep
an close eye on each single build/merge.

In this concrete example, the package's build system is misdesigned.
They shouldn't rely on runtime benchmarks for build time decisions
in the first place - this is unpredictable. But this is not an
issues distros should have to cope with.

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/