List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] ccache causing problems
From:       "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2010-04-30 16:34:58

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 01:02:48AM +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> it's just like any package failing with some gcc/linked/whatever flag,
> you just don't stop using that flag where it works just because of one
> package, nor do you stop using gcc.
And for anybody that thinks they have a bug in ccache triggered by some
package.
1. backup the contents of your ccache.
2. Clear the cache.
3. Build once to populate the cache.
4. Build again to build against the cache (once or twice, should have
   identical results).

If step 4 passes, you know you had corruption in your cache.
If step 4 fails, then I'm interested in where it failed, esp. if you can
run the entire process again and repeat the problem on demand.

Note however, that while I have a high level of trust in ccache, I do
think there are more latent bugs in distcc.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2@gentoo.org