List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: etc-update & ._cfg* files: major issue with
From:       William Kenworthy <billk () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-01-10 23:05:36

diffs from what?  what happens if the user has made changes outside of
the way gentoo has configured the system?  I found this was a major
disavantage of Mandrake, as it had to assume that the user didnt fiddle
with the files - if you configured it manually for whatever reason, the
whole mandrake configuration system ended up broken.

BillK