List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: etc-update & ._cfg* files: major issue with gentoo?
From:       "Oliver Rutherfurd" <fruhstuck () rutherfurd ! net>
Date:       2003-01-10 15:33:50

----- Original Message -----

Hi,

I've written an equivalent to "etc-update" which creates backups of the
config files before replacing them. Don't know how this compares to keeping
an RCS repository, but I figured I'd mention it in case there was any
interest.

It can be found here:

http://www.rutherfurd.net/gentoo/cfghelper/

-Ollie