List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcing new Prelinking Guide
From:       Stefan Jones <cretin () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-01-05 15:29:53

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:17, Bart Lauwers wrote:
>  I've been wondering about the impact on portage however. Will portage know to
> unmerge these prelinked binaries still? My guess would be no.

Well the answer is yes, the portage changes are already in and working,
test it if you want. Portage integration is seamless .

>  General remark: Prelinking definitely promises to be great but unless your
> willing to deal with some 'early adoption' quirks it isn't for you yet. I've
> broken my system once or twice severely trying to gauge it's state. I would
> say that some challenges remain before it is ready for the masses.

The problem is that I have never had a single problem with it on three
computers (one of which being a sparc ). I can only fix errors I can
replicate.

--
Stefan Jones <cretin@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux