On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 15:17, Bart Lauwers wrote: > I've been wondering about the impact on portage however. Will portage know to > unmerge these prelinked binaries still? My guess would be no. > Well the answer is yes, the portage changes are already in and working, test it if you want. Portage integration is seamless . > General remark: Prelinking definitely promises to be great but unless your > willing to deal with some 'early adoption' quirks it isn't for you yet. I've > broken my system once or twice severely trying to gauge it's state. I would > say that some challenges remain before it is ready for the masses. > The problem is that I have never had a single problem with it on three computers (one of which being a sparc ). I can only fix errors I can replicate. -- Stefan Jones Gentoo Linux -- gentoo-dev@gentoo.org mailing list