List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] guide XML documentation
From:       <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-03-31 9:59:02

Developers,

I've just completed the initial documentation for the guide XML format (the
official Gentoo Linux documentation format, for those who don't know :).

Attached to this email is a small tarball containing a file called
"xml-guide.html", describing the new XML format.  If you want to learn more
about guide XML (or just want a preview of our attractive new documentation
engine) then take a look.  The new-style guide documentation will be appearing
on www.gentoo.org in a day or so.

Note:  guide is a lightweight documentation format designed to be easy to learn
and easy to use, so xml-guide.xml is only about 2000 words long and should
teach you everything you need to know about this new format.  I hope this will
make our documentation system easy-to-use for all developers, not just those who
are "doc-savvy".

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>
President/CEO					http://www.gentoo.org

["xml-guide.tar.gz" (application/x-tar-gz)]