List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    RE: [gentoo-desktop] Install Problem
From:       "JC" <jcraig03 () tampabay ! rr ! com>
Date:       2006-01-30 13:11:49

It's a hardware prob. The cdroms that come with the Gx100 are (IMHO)
sub-standard drives. I came across a batch of old GX100 systems and
refurbished them, putting Gentoo on all of them. I had to replace all of
the existing cdroms with different ones. Luckily I also had some 36X
drives. I think it's something to do with the firmware on the drive.