List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    [FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian
From:       Jeremy Wilkins <wjeremy () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2007-12-16 7:56:33

On December 14, 2007 05:00:29 am freenx-knx-request@kde.org wrote:
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:36:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: Tim Freedom <tim_freedom@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian
> To: freenx-knx@kde.org
>
> --- Durk Strooisma <durk@kern.nl> wrote:
> > > Is there a proper repo that can be used instead of fetching .deb
> > > packages from various potentially soon-disappearing locations ?
> > > Can Jeremy's pacakges, once proven for the mainstream debian populous
> > > out there, get included on say the FreeNX advertised debian site
> > > (http://packages.debianbase.de) or others ?  This is really important.
> >
> > You can find in the november archive information about my repos with
> > NX-packages for sarge (seems to work on etch as well). These are a bit
> > behind, but still usable; NX 2.1, FreeNX 0.6.0.
>
> And that's what I'm pointing out - various people try, get something
> going and then either abandon it and/or move on (or the links become
> stale).  Could we get your files (and Jeremy's and ...) all uploaded
> and maintained (on each release) to a single website/URL/repository ?

> In looking through this I also came across the following,
>
>  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/2007-July/thread.htm
>
> but the thread seems dead (no posts since July 07) - have there been
> any resolutions to this (and many other topics I came across - new
> website, new project name, possible collaboration with the 2X team,
> etc, etc).  Can all these interesting "future centric" issues be
> noted clearly somewhere to not only lessen confusion but to spur
> contribution, support and innovation (homepage, a wiki page, etc) ?
>
> Regards.

Well, now I have repos for FreeNX 0.7.1 that you can download from:
deb http://www.datakeylive.com/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://www.datakeylive.com/ubuntu gutsy main

You can build from source using Debian's or Ubuntu's source building methods,
but I haven't updated the forum about this yet since I'm leaving tomorrow to
travel 3000KMs to visit family.
--
Jeremy Wilkins
306-382-8977