List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    [FreeNX-kNX] missing nxpasswd
From:       Jeffrey Borg <jeffrey () borgs ! net>
Date:       2007-12-16 23:12:52

Hi,

I was trying to connect to a vnc server via nx this morning but noticed
on my gentoo box the nxpasswd command in no longer there.And honce the
passwd file wasn't created.

the vncpasswd command needs the password repeated twice into it. So I
quickly created this wrapper around vncpasswd

COMMAND_VNCPASSWD=/usr/local/bin/nxpasswd

The contents of the wrapper are
#!/bin/sh
read passwd
echo "$passwd
$passwd" | vncpasswd $1

I think this will still have problems as vncpasswd has limitations. eg
min length 6 characters etc...

Regards

Jeffrey Borg