List:       firewalls-gc
Subject:    Re: Lotus Notes with NAT
From:       Kevin McPeake <cowboy () dns ! byelex ! nl>
Date:       1997-01-31 19:13:11

On 30 Jan 1997, Ryan Russell/SYBASE wrote:

> It's not mail traffic that I'm passing...
> The problem with the notes SMTP mail
> gateway is well inside my firewall, thank you.

Hey Ryan,

Maybe you can help me with this.  Right this second I'm looking at
setting up our Notes Network completely behind a firewall.  Can you tell
me what issues are to be considered with putting a Notes Server that's
running an MTA outside of the Secure Network, for use as our Mail server?
This server would be locked up allowing access only on the Notes tcp port
and the smtp port, unfortunately we haven't decided if it should run on
NT or Solaris.

Does the Notes SMTP MTA have any security problems that you know off?

Many thanks in advance,

Kev