List:       exim-users
Subject:    Re: [exim] spammers IP ban
From:       Eric Fox <eric () bsdsystems ! com>
Date:       2006-02-24 19:18:17

I do something similar to this.  When I've rejected a message as known
spam, a log entry is posted in maillog.  I then use logsurfer to monitor
maillog for these entries.  Logsurfer parses out the IP and passes it on
to a script that temporarily adds a blocking rule to the firewall, and
comes back a while later to remove the rule.

This could probably also be done from a router & transport combination as
well. I used logsurfer because I was already using it for other purposes.

---
  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ Small Business Computer Support
 \.\   /./ in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area
    \@/    http://www.bsdsystems.com/support/