List:       dbi-dev
Subject:    (Fwd) Where from to take the right perl source.
From:       Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce () ig ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-30 22:38:37

    *** From dbi-users -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

----- Forwarded message from "VAINSTEIN,RIMMA (HP-SantaClara,ex5)" <rimma_vainstein@am.exch.hp.com> -----

From: "VAINSTEIN,RIMMA (HP-SantaClara,ex5)" <rimma_vainstein@am.exch.hp.com>
To: "'Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk'" <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>
Cc: "'rimma_vainstein@hp.com'" <rimma_vainstein@hp.com>,
        "'mirza_baig@hp.com'" <mirza_baig@hp.com>,
        "'dennis_roesler@hp.com'" <dennis_roesler@hp.com>
Subject: Where from to take the right perl source.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:28:09 -0600

Dear Tim,

I installed perl 5.004_04 from Utah mirror site
http://hpux.cae.wisc.edu/hppd/hpux/Languages/perl-5.004_04/.

Then I installed DBI and DBD for this version of perl from
http://www.symbolstone.org/technology/perl/DBI/index.html#drivers

Then I tried to run some of my perl tests which access Ingres database.
My tests failed with error
install_driver(Ingres) failed: Can't locate loadable object for module
DBD::Ingres

I noticed that when I run my test with perl executable which I found in DBD
installation
directory -- it passed. Also the perl executable there is 1786948 B,
while perl executable I installed is only 86379 B.

Looks like my installed perl executable does not support DBD. Right?
How do I get/install the perl executable I need with DBI/DBD capabilities?

Thanks in advance for your help. Rimma Vainstein.
rimma_vainstein@hp.com

----- End forwarded message -----