List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] two-way sync between cvs and darcs
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2005-04-09 9:47:06

On Saturday 09 April 2005 11:11, Lele Gaifax wrote:
> Tailor could
> learn about yet another command line option to disable that, or I may
> completely drop the code and assume nobody will manually update the
> repo...

Or;
you could an a cvs up -A on the file prior to patching it.  You would
immediately get feedback on failure if the file actually changed (the P
line being printed by cvs).
Since if you are not looking at the last version the merge would be wrong
anyway since you can't put darcs changes before the changes of somebody
elses cvs commit.

so;  if your cvs version is 1.4 (sticky) and you update to HEAD (using -A)
then you can check if 1.4 == HEAD. If its not; then you should tell the
user to first sync darcs with cvs, not the other way around.
If it is HEAD; you can just resume as normal.

Cheers!

--
Thomas Zander