List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] Re: two-way sync between cvs and darcs
From:       Nathan Gray <kolibrie () graystudios ! org>
Date:       2005-04-09 10:25:58

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 03:16:05AM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2005-04-08, Nathan Gray <kolibrie@graystudios.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not familiar with "sticky" tags, and am not sure how to correct this
> > error.  Is there a command-line option I should be passing to tailor.py
> > so that the cvs repository is not read-only/sticky?
>
> You are the first to report to the list an attempt to do a 2-way sync
> with CVS.
>
> I'm not sure what caused your sticky tags to appear, but how to get rid
> of them is well documented.
>
> A quick search for: cvs "sticky tags" brought me this:
> http://www.chiralcomp.com/support/cvs/cvs_sticky.html
>
> You may be interested to further research when and why tailor is using
> sticky tags, if it actually is.

It looks like tailor (cvs.py) was changed last summer to implement
sticky CVS tags, so that the repository does not get corrupted if a user
accidentally types 'cvs update'.

  cd cvsync
  darcs annotate -p sticky

So I will probably want to either have tailor not set sticky tags, or
have tailor unset sticky tags when it is trying to write back to the
repository.  The second approach sounds safer, but is not as efficient.

-kolibrie