List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] two-way sync between cvs and darcs
From:       Lele Gaifax <lele () nautilus ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2005-04-09 9:11:45

    Nathan>   darcs pull --all --patches='any old patch name' .. [Ok]
    Nathan> darcs changes --last=1 --xml-output --summ .......... [Ok]
    Nathan> cvs -q ci -F /tmp/tmpr9577b 'Entity/Makefile.PL' cvs
    Nathan> commit: sticky tag `1.4' for file `Entity/Makefile.PL' is
    Nathan> not a branch cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors
    Nathan> first!  [Error 256]

Uhm, that's new... Tailor force the sticky tag on each file in the
repo, to be sure nobody is going to do a manual "cvs up" that would
corrupt things. This is done *only* when doing cvs->others, ie when
you bootstrap the first part of the gateway.

I assume you are are trying to use one single repo to do both
directions, and I understand CVS complaining about that. Tailor could
learn about yet another command line option to disable that, or I may
completely drop the code and assume nobody will manually update the
repo...

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.