List:       darcs-users
Subject:    Re: [darcs-users] Accessing old versions
From:       David Roundy <droundy () abridgegame ! org>
Date:       2004-03-11 12:04:08

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:08:12AM -0800, Matt Ettus wrote:

> I've been playing with darcs for a few hours now, and I like what I see.
> I have 2 problems so far, though.
>
> I can't seem to find a darcs command to move my working copy to an older
> revision or tag.  Something like "cvs update -r OLD_TAGNAME" Am I totally
> blind? dumb?

I'm not entirely certain what you want to do here.  Do you want to go from
an older version to a less old version, or to go from a new version to an
old version? The former can be accomplished with "darcs pull --tag-name
OLD_TAGNAME".

Going backwards is trickier.  If you just want to back a little ways, you
can "unpull" a few patches.  If you don't have any local changes that you
care about (and have a bit of extra disk space--room for two more copies of
the working directory contents), you can use darcs get locally (assuming
you're on a file system that supports hard links) to get an old version
(using the --tag-name or --patch-name option).

> I installed the darcs cgi script.  I get the main page with the list of
> repositories, but when I click on one I get:
>
> Server error!

Can you check the contents of /var/log/apache/error.log? Apache should log
the actual output of the darcs cgi script, which hopefully will help me (or
you) to figure out what's going wrong.  The first possibility that comes to
mind is that you'd get an error like this if the repository isn't
world-readable (since the cgi script is probably running as nobody).
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org