List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Would like new functionality in ports.
From:       Magnus Boden <mb () ozaba ! cx>
Date:       2002-06-24 18:54:35

Hello,

I found the docs to be a little strange concerning cvsup but I managed
to get through it.

Quick howto:

mkdir -p /var/cvsupd/sup/<collection>
cd /var/cvsupd/sup/<collection>
cat <<EOF > releases
cvs list=files prefix=<path to cvs repository>
EOF

cat <<EOF > files
upgrade <directory relative to prefix in releases>
EOF

Then simply run cvsupd -b /var/cvsupd -C 10 (-C 10 will allow 10 clients
at a time).

Without -C 10 it will not fork and run in the background which is good
the first couple of times until you get it to work.

You can look at the /etc/ports/supfile for info about how to configure
the cvsup client.

One problem I had was that my files wasn't tagget in the cvs repository
and that caused cvsup to not download any files.

Regards
Magnus