List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Would like new functionality in ports.
From:       Magnus Boden <mb () ozaba ! cx>
Date:       2002-06-24 12:05:49

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 09:22:25AM +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> Sidenote 1: should we then have some naming conventions for the
> directories in /usr/ports added by the additional repositories, so we're
> not going to have conflicts when we start sharing repositories?

Yes we should.

> Sidenote 2: prt-get currently supports configuration of ports
> directories, so you could specify your private port dir first, and then:
> $ ports -u
> $ prt-get install mutt
> and it would automatically choose the port from you repository (if
> configured correctly). prt-get update is on my TODO list, should be in
> place this week :-) </shameless-plug>

This prt-get sound nice, are you aming for it being included in crux?

> Magnus: in ports -d, won't I get duplicate entries for installed ports
> in both 'contrib' and 'private-jw', like
> Collection        Name       Port         Installed
> contrib           mutt       1.4-1        1.4-jw1
> private-jw        mutt       1.4-jw2      1.4-jw1
> ?

Yes you will.
This happens with stock ports -d
Collection       Name      Port       Installed
contrib/gkrellm
packages         gkrellm   1.2.12-1   1.2.11-1

not very nice, but with my patch it looks like this

Collection  Name      Port       Installed
contrib     gkrellm   1.2.12-1   1.2.11-1
packages    gkrellm   1.2.12-1   1.2.11-1

I like it to show both packages since if I have my own custom build of
gkrellm for example I can see when the contrib/gkrellm is updated and
thus I don't have to keep to close track of the gkrellm website for
new releases.

The Collection name packages isn't to great but I guess I will have to
rename the directory in my cvs repository which is a little messy.

Regards
Magnus