List:       calligra-devel
Subject:    Re: next release and release pace in general
From:       Pierre Stirnweiss <pstirnweiss () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-26 8:42:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Yu=EB Liu <yue.liu@mail.com> wrote:

> We talked about having a testing branch before commit into master
> branch last year. We can restrict commit right to master, let the
> features committed to and tested in testing branch thoroughly. So
> master will always keep stable.

I don't think we have to be as extreme as restricting commit rights. We
have become pretty good at putting up review requests, IMHO. I think we are
at a fine balance of not putting up every little thing, but also getting
review on potentially harmful changes.
I am all in favor of a testing branch is however how do we ensure that it
gets sufficient testing.

Pierre