List:       amavis-user
Subject:    Re: [AMaViS-user] amavisd-new and spamassassin...
From:       Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec () ijs ! si>
Date:       2003-05-13 23:21:50

Ricardo,

| With a default setup, external tests are not performed.  But is BAYES
| enabled ?

BAYES is not an external test, it is performed if bayes db files are
there and populated, regardless of the setting of $sa_local_tests_only.

| Also, my tests users are forwarding SPAM that passes due to low scores
| to a mail address as attachments.  Can I feed this mailbox to sa-learn
| ?  Would it be problems with the fact that the messages are forwarded ?

Yes, SA takes into account mail headers as well, when collecting
tokens for bayes test. Header tokens contribute important words
to tha bayes test, so mail should not be mangled by forwarding
(wrapping into another envelope). Some MUAs have a 'resend' command
for this purpose, otherwise you will have to unwrap such messages
before feeding them to sa-learn.

  Mark