List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Wrong behavior of KGlobalAccel?
From:       Andreas Simon <yuipx () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-05-22 13:48:05

Hi,

I encountered the following problem in
Noatun's keyz plugin (current CVS):

from /home/kde/kdemultimedia/noatun/modules/keyz/keyz.cpp:

if ( !s_accel )
  {
    s_accel = new KGlobalAccel( this );
    s_accel->insert( "PlayPause", i18n("Play/Pause"), QString::null,
                     CTRL+ALT+Key_P, KKey::QtWIN+CTRL+Key_P,
                     player, SLOT( playpause() ));
    // ... many more insert() calls ... //
    s_accel->readSettings()
    s_accel->updateConnections()
  }

Now, when I configure keyz and set this Play/Pause
shortcut to "None", i.e. no key shortcut at all,
it is of course disabled. But when I restart
Noatun/Keyz, the default shortcut is there again,
i.e. CTRL+ALT+Key_P from the insert() call above.
It should evidently still be 'None'.

But the key settings are correctly saved via
writeSettings() and in Noatuns rc file there is
the entry 'PlayPause=' in the [GlobalShortcuts]
section. So the KGlobalAccel::readSettings() method
don't sets the shortcut to 'None' if it was saved
so.

All other shortcuts in keyz suffer the same problem.
If I configure an other shortcut instead of 'None'
everything works fine.

Question: Is that a wrong behavior of KGlobalAccel
or is there just a bug in keyz? If it's a bug in keyz
what is the proper solution?

Thank,
Andreas