List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Recurring entries and dates
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-02-05 16:41:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 12:06, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I thought this was over and done with :-) but yesterday and today I found
> that on both occasions when I started kmail my recurring entries had
> disappeared. Searching for them showed that they did still exist, but had
> an end date earlier than the creation date.  I corrected them yesterday,
> only to find that they had gone today, so I've corrected them again.
>
> I just can't recall having to do anything more.  Help, anyone?

Having been away for the weekend, I came home to find all my recurring entry
dates messed up, and the entries not showing, again.

For the record - I tried to correct the dates, several times, only to find
that closing kontact then reopening the calendar page showed them messed up
again.  A couple of times my efforts to change the dates actually crashed
kontact.

In the end, I took down the details of the recurrence, corrected one date so
that I could identify the entry, deleted the entry and re-created it.
Fortunately there weren't too many of them.  I've tried closing kontact and
restarting, and they look to be OK now.

I'm still completely at a loss why this started again.  One of the entries was
there but spanning several days instead of one, and the rest had end dates
prior to the start date.

I can't give any useful information about what may have triggered it - I just
do not know.  I report this purely in case someone else has the problem.

Anne