List:       sendmail
Subject:    Re: ms exchange server emulation
From:       Alan Lehman <alehman_nospam () kc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2004-06-08 2:52:35

Ivan Carey wrote:
> Hello,
> My system consists of a FreeBSD box running sendmail. The clients are
> running Windows Outlook 2003. I would like to be able to share Contacts,
> Calendar etc but am unable to unless connected to an MS Exchange Server.
> Is there a way to emulate this connection between Windows Outlook 2003 and
> Sendmail so that Windows Outlook 2003 thinks it is connected to an MS
> Exchange Server.
>
> There wasn't a problem when using an MS Windows Outlook 98
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan

This has nothing to do with sendmail. Previous versions of OL had a means to share contacts and \
caldendars in a quasi peer-to-peer  set up. This was called "net folders" and never worked very \
well. Net folders was removed in OL2003. There are a number of products  that somewhat emulate \
Exchange functionality.

Alan