List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Re: Building Quanta
From:       Billie Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2010-11-14 17:59:29

On 11/14/2010 09:45 AM, Arthur Marsh wrote:
> Billie Walsh wrote, on 15/11/10 01:42:
>
>> I'll second Werner's remarks. Even though Quanta 3.5.10 is crippled in
>> the new KDE 4.x it is still head and shoulders above any other editor
>> out there. I use it every day on my KDE4.4.2 Kubuntu10.4 machine. I wish
>> there was a way to port it to Windows. I have several friends that are
>> stuck in Windows and would love to be able to recommend such a great
>> program to them.
>>
> Or, look at Quanta as a must-have application that encourages people to
> run GNU/Linux (-:.
>
> Arthur.

Unless your doing web pages for a living I doubt Quanta could be a
"can't live without" kind of app. Although I use it every day for hours,
my use is a hobby kind of thing. There are other applications I could
use but prefer Quanta by far. I'm working on one page right now that I'm
using Kate for [ transcribing some documents ]. Once I get the basics
done in Kate I'll polish it in Quanta but for now I would rather not
have to put up with Quanta complaining about the page being changed by
another application.

Why am I using Kate???? [ you ask ]

Because it has a smaller screen footprint than Quanta and sits beside
the document application better. And, I do all my HTML in text mode
anyway. Never learned to use a WYSIWYG.