List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] fish protocol
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-16 22:35:59

On 05/29/2010 07:05 AM, Chris Bryant wrote:
> On Saturday 29 May 2010 07:15:51 am Niko Sams wrote:
>> Hmm... No idea what's wrong....
>>
>> does the remote upload view work?
>> If you copy the adress from there, is it correct and does it work in
>> konqueror?
>
> Arghh- nevermind. I am an idiot- I had the wrong IP address (switched the 2nd
> and third quad).

Chris,

	Glad you got yours fixed, but I have the same problem. (quanta 3.5.10 release
89 opensuse) My fish upload in kde 3.5.10 to my local server will not work
anymore. The project upload window appears, there is a flurry of disk activity,
this goes on for 60 seconds or so during which time the upload dialog is
completely unresponsive, then it just stops without ever presenting the files to
upload.

	I have always used dsa certificates between these two boxes and until about a
month or two ago, quanta would check the remote site and upload the changed
files from my laptop perfectly. The update check for new/changed files took no
more than 3 seconds (it was almost instant). Now 60 seconds of harddrive
activity later it just hangs.

	I have tried this with sftp and fish and nothing seems to work. What to check,
what to try?  (yes the hostname I'm uploading to is correct :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC