List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Nature...
From:       Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh () swbell ! net>
Date:       2009-11-01 14:19:20

Niko Sams wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 02:16, Paul Lemmons <paul@lemmons.name> wrote:
>
>> "In Nature anything that stand still gets eaten"
>>
>> I am afraid that if Quanta does not start at least walking it will get eaten
>> by Kdevelop+Perl -Plug-in, Eclipse+PDT or some other more active and
>> livelier projects and lose what user base it has left. I love Quanta but I
>> am not willing to "stand still" in KDE3 for it. Today, with sadness I
>> installed Eclipse.  I don't like it as well but it does work and it is
>> moving forward.
>>
>> I really appreciate all that Eric , Andras and other have done. I recognize
>> their personal sacrifice of money, time, effort and energy. I have used
>> Quanta for many years and have financially supported the development. It now
>> appears to have but a single developer (Eric) and his attention is
>> elsewhere(kommander)...
>>
>> ... I can hear the brush rustling... it sounds hungry... now would be a good
>> time to take some action...
>>

> Yes - Quanta3 is dead and will never stand up again.
> But - long live Quanta4 - a rewrite based on kdevplatform.
> Currently it's better to use kdevelop + php-plugin (a beta release
> will follow the next days) as Quanta4 is not ready.
> Support for other web languages is not there - we need help for that...
>
> Niko

I looked at that Kdevelope a while back. _WAY_ over complicated to do
web pages. From what I could see, _IF_ your an application
developer/programmer it might be great. But for web pages such as I
build it's like using a howitzer to go rabbit hunting.

<example>
http://www.billie0w.us
http://www.okgenweb.org/~oklogan/index.html
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~billie0w/cslsa/index.html
</example>

If your building commercial sites for a living it might be ok.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop