List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Goodbye
From:       Cliff Nieuwenhuis <cliff () nieusite ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 17:07:53

Replying to message from Mark Ziegler <mark.ziegler@rakekniven.de>:

> after many years of using Quanta I say good bye to Quanta and KDE.

I'm in the same position.  I loved KDE3 and used it for real work.
KDE4 broke everything I used regularly -- Quanta on the top of the
list.  I'm very upset by that; more upset than I thought I'd ever get
about a desktop.

I've found Xfce4 (Zenwalk) works for me as a replacement for KDE, but I
can't get Quanta / Kwebdev to work.  I'm not going to try anymore.  If
Quanta is tied so tight with KDE4 then I'll find something else, but so
far nothing matches Quanta.

I'm a web developer, not a programmer, so I don't understand why a
version of Quanta can't be built for Xfce, but I can't do it and I
can't help, so all I can do is hope and wait.

--
Cliff