List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Kubuntu 9.10
From:       marbux <marbux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-30 20:26:57

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@swbell.net> wrote:

> I've heard of Symlinks but have no idea what one is or where they would
> go. I'm not even sure Quanta 3.x would work with KDE 4.x apps.

Wikipedia has a lucid explanation of what they are.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symlink>. From a console enter:

   man sl

for options, (where "sl" is lower case "SL" as in "symlink".

Quanta 3.x works kinda-sorta on KDE 4, although I haven't bothered
with trying to fix the issues you mention that I also experienced. For
me, the fact that the Quanta HTML Tidy results editing screen is too
tiny to read or edit anything was a showstopper on KDE 4 for me. .

There may be other issues as well.

Best r gards,

Paul

--