List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta & KDE4? openSuSE dumping KDE3 for 11.2 Release.
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-16 0:34:06

Andras, List,

	I am an openSuSE user and I am frustrated with Novell's decision to dump KDE3
in its next release. The problem for me is that Quanta doesn't work very well
under KDE4. I can't use fish to upload files, etc... Quanta on KDE3 is the next
best thing since sliced bread, I love it, but this dang KDE4 is determined to
screw that up. What is the plan for getting Quanta to play nicely with KDE4?

	The reason I ask is that I know Andras is drowning in work right now and I was
wondering if the part of the code that is needed to fix the KDE4
incompatibilities is something that the Linux distros/KDE folks need to fix or
is it something in Quanta that needs to be fixed? Can we push the KDE folks to
make any changes to the KDE4 to remove some of these issues with Quanta or is
it just the code buried in Quanta that needs modification?

	If it is something the opensuse/kde folks can fix/accommodate I don't mind
pushing feature requests through the bugzilla.novell system if it would help,
but I don't understand what/where the issue is enough to know if that is
appropriate.

	Is there a list somewhere that show what the current KDE4 problems are for
Quanta that we can look at that gives a rough description of what needs to be
fixed?

	Thanks. I'm just trying to understand the issues to see if I can help before
the KDE4 glamor toy is shoved down my throat....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC