List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] issues with installation
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-08-29 3:10:59

On Thursday 28 August 2008 7:05:44 pm Crash Override wrote:
> checking for libxml libraries >= "2.6.0"... found
> checking for libxslt libraries >= ... ./configure: line 34494: xslt-config:
> command not found
> ./configure: line 34495: test: : integer expression expected
> configure: error: You need at least libxslt  for this
>   version of xsldbg
> [phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$
> [phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$ make
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

There's really no reason to post everything... but you really should read what
you posted. Just because there are a lot of lines output don't glass over and
hand off. Read it.

1) You need libxslt installed. Pretty simple, you need xml libraries. I forget
the name, but most package manager allow you to search. Otherwise you could
configure not to use the debug packages requiring it...

./configure --help

2) No targets... I've never actually tried to make when configure failed. Hey,
this is why I didn't join everything with "&&" between the commands. See if
something failed before charging ahead. If you get this message about missing
targets it usually means you need to start with

make -f Makefile.cvs

You can safely run

make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure

However install libxml or libxml2 or whatever they are calling it now. It will
be the one listed as an available package.

BTW while I'm at it... KDE 3.5.10 was released if you're interested.

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module