List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] issues with installation
From:       "Crash Override" <itsinthewiki () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-29 2:05:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Alrighty sports fans - we're getting closer, at least I think we are.

Here's the latest after following your instructions - this is what happened:

[phiberoptik@localhost ~]$ cd kdewebdev-3.5.9
[phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$ make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6 found.
*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating Makefile.am
*** Creating configure.files
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
*** Postprocessing Makefile templates
*** Creating date/time stamp
*** Finished
    Don't forget to run ./configure
    If you haven't done so in a while, run ./configure --help
[phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$ ./configure
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for kde-config... /usr/bin/kde-config
checking where to install... /usr (as returned by kde-config)
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking whether gcc is blacklisted... no
checking whether g++ supports -Wmissing-format-attribute... yes
checking whether gcc supports -Wmissing-format-attribute... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wundef... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wno-long-long... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wno-non-virtual-dtor... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fno-reorder-blocks... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fno-check-new... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fno-common... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fexceptions... yes
checking whether system headers can cope with -O2 -fno-inline... irrelevant
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking whether g++ supports -O0... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wl,--no-undefined... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined... yes
not using lib directory suffix
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for g77... no
checking for f77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for frt... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for af77... no
checking for f90... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc static flag  works... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... (cached) no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached)
yes
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking if C++ programs can be compiled... yes
checking for strlcat... no
checking if strlcat needs custom prototype... yes - in libkdefakes
checking for strlcpy... no
checking if strlcpy needs custom prototype... yes - in libkdefakes
checking for main in -lutil... yes
checking for main in -lcompat... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for inet_ntoa... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/bitypes.h usability... yes
checking sys/bitypes.h presence... yes
checking for sys/bitypes.h... yes
checking for poll in -lpoll... no
checking Carbon/Carbon.h usability... no
checking Carbon/Carbon.h presence... no
checking for Carbon/Carbon.h... no
checking CoreAudio/CoreAudio.h usability... no
checking CoreAudio/CoreAudio.h presence... no
checking for CoreAudio/CoreAudio.h... no
checking if res_init needs -lresolv... yes
checking for res_init... yes
checking if res_init needs custom prototype... no
checking for killpg in -lucb... no
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... 4
checking for short... yes
checking size of short... 2
checking for long... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking for char *... yes
checking size of char *... 4
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for shl_unload in -ldld... no
checking for size_t... yes
checking size of size_t... 4
checking for unsigned long... yes
checking size of unsigned long... 4
checking sizeof size_t == sizeof unsigned long... yes
checking for PIE support... yes
checking if enabling -pie/fPIE support... yes
checking crt_externs.h usability... no
checking crt_externs.h presence... no
checking for crt_externs.h... no
checking for _NSGetEnviron... no
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/lib, headers .
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for libz... -lz
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for Qt... libraries /usr/lib/qt3/lib, headers /usr/lib/qt3//include
using -mt
checking for moc... /usr/lib/qt3//bin/moc
checking for uic... /usr/lib/qt3//bin/uic
checking whether uic supports -L ... yes
checking whether uic supports -nounload ... yes
checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
checking for rpath... yes
checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include
checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... yes
checking for KDE paths... defaults
checking for dcopidl... /usr/bin/dcopidl
checking for dcopidl2cpp... /usr/bin/dcopidl2cpp
checking for mcopidl... /usr/bin/mcopidl
checking for artsc-config... /usr/bin/artsc-config
checking for meinproc... /usr/bin/meinproc
checking for kconfig_compiler... /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
checking for dcopidlng... /usr/bin/dcopidlng
checking for makekdewidgets... /usr/bin/makekdewidgets
checking for xmllint... /usr/bin/xmllint
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking dependency style of g++... (cached) gcc3
checking grepping for visibility push/pop in headers... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fvisibility=hidden... yes
checking if Qt is patched for -fvisibility... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking paths.h usability... yes
checking paths.h presence... yes
checking for paths.h... yes
checking sys/statvfs.h usability... yes
checking sys/statvfs.h presence... yes
checking for sys/statvfs.h... yes
checking sys/statfs.h usability... yes
checking sys/statfs.h presence... yes
checking for sys/statfs.h... yes
checking sys/vfs.h usability... yes
checking sys/vfs.h presence... yes
checking for sys/vfs.h... yes
checking sys/mount.h usability... yes
checking sys/mount.h presence... yes
checking for sys/mount.h... yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking stdarg.h usability... yes
checking stdarg.h presence... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for usleep... yes
checking for statvfs... yes
checking for libxml libraries >= "2.6.0"... found
checking for libxslt libraries >= ... ./configure: line 34494: xslt-config:
command not found
./configure: line 34495: test: : integer expression expected
configure: error: You need at least libxslt  for this
  version of xsldbg
[phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$
[phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
[phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$ su
Password:
su: incorrect password
[phiberoptik@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]$ su
Password:
[root@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]# make install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
[root@localhost kdewebdev-3.5.9]#

I'm assuming the error during the configure won't allow me to complete the
installation?

As yes Eric, I'm persistent as hell.  I'm still a noob to this, but when I
get into something, I don't give up till I find a solution.  It's what makes
learning Linux fun - right?

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated!

Talk to you soon,

Karl