List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] which debugger
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-05-30 17:49:39

On Friday 30 May 2008 9:39:48 am Paul Lemmons wrote:
> I as look about, I see that there are basically two debuggers available
> for Quanta when coding in php. Before I go though the effort of setting
> either of them up, I would like to take a quick poll as to which one
> offers the best debugging experience. I know nothing of either of them
> and, as of yet, never used a php debugger. What can I expect from gubed
> and/or xdebug?

If you have no initial preference I would start with gubed. It was developed
with and for Quanta and has some nice features. It has been integrated the
longest. I haven't used xdebug with Quanta but I have stand alone. My
impression is that gubed is nice being designed from the ground up for this
type of integration. However I'm sure they both have advantages, and as it's
been some time since I used xdebug I'm probably unaware of many it has. If
you really want to compare the important factor would be your criteria.
Otherwise you could look at their info. I can tell you both are well received
by the community and my experience with gubed is that it's full featured.

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module