List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] is it possible to compare your file with the "remote"
From:       Jordi Moles Blanco <jordi () cdmon ! com>
Date:       2008-05-21 17:04:40

Hi,

i've got two servers, one local where i keep all the php files of my
website that i'm developing and the other one, the "online" server where
the files are finally stored so that everyone can see them.

To upload the files from the local server to the "internet" server i
press the right button on the name of the file and then press the
"upload this file" button. After that, the file is uploaded through ftp
protocol.

Well, the thing is... sometimes i need to compare the "local" version
with the "online" version before i upload the local version. Is it
possible to do that with quanta? I've installed "kompare", but as far
i've seen, i can't compare a "local" file with one located in a external
server through the ftp protocol.

I used to do that with dreamweaver before moving to linux, but right now
i really miss this feature. I don't have any cvs software and i'm not
the only person modifying these files, so i really need this kind of
sytem to compare both files.

any idea?

thanks.