List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to get project tree view
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-05-14 16:36:52

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 8:59:33 am lakelover wrote:
> Thanks Andrew. . .
> That worked although I had to open several projects before I hit the
> correct one. Now, I need to delete all the badly formed projects. And I'm
> still not clear on how I delete projects. I know I must go to the project
> folder, and I have searched for it but I get numerous "project" titled
> folders. I've looked at them when allowed but haven't found the correct
> one, yet. I'll keep looking.
>
> Jerry

You might want to take a minute in the docs... Projects work on several
assumptions...
1) You may have files in a directory which you don't want to edit in Quanta,
so you must manually add files.
2) It's possible you may have any number of project files if you choose to as
a means of offering different views of the project.

We're looking at adding sophistication in the future, primarily for
facilitating teamwork on projects. In the mean time you will want to use
either a file manager or the file tree in Quanta to remove projects you don't
want. BTW you can even right click on a file in the file open dialog and
delete it. ;-)

> Andrew Lowe wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 May 2008 16:11:15 lakelover wrote:
> >> Eric. . .
> >> I'm running Qunata 3.5.9 using KDE 3.5.9, but on Ubuntu 8.04. I don't
> >> doubt
> >> you're having trouble deciphering my problem because I have a hard time
> >> describing it. If I go to file>open>public_html, I can see all the
> >> folders
> >>
> >> ---CUT----
> >
> > You probably want Project->Open Project and select it from there....
> >
> > Then click on the Project Files side-bar (looks like a red, blue and
> > green cube) to view the tree-view.
> >
> > When you click File->open, it opens the project xml file for editing (as
> > quanta is a good xml editor).
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > --
> > Andrew Lowe