List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Templates Help Requested
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-02-03 20:49:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 03 February 2008, Lorrie wrote:
> 1_"Text snippets are to include them in documents,"
>
> Can the saved snippets put into one file or must they be saved in
> individual files? My preference is one file as I usually save very
> little code.

You must have one file per snippet.

> 2_"site templates are to create complete directory layout"
>
> Could you explain what you mean?

You can create a template from a directory structure. For example, you
make a site layout, which look like:
css
php
pictures
main
index.php

(the directories above might contain other files). If you want to make
more project/sites that have the same layout, you can create a site
template. You right click in the File tree on a directory (which hold
the above ones), and chose "Create site template".
You can extract this site template into your any project later. It is
basically a .tgz archive of the above directory structure (with the
files).

> 3_"<? include("mytemplate") ?>"
>
> I understand includes  and build my sites on them and a little of PHP
> but could you explain in a little more detail?

This is basic PHP. In PHP you can include the content of a file into
another. This is done for example with the above command.
Let's say you create a HTML header template that you want to reuse in
many files and save it as header.html.
In the files where you use, instead writing the header, you include it:
<? include("path_to/header.html") ?>

Of course these files must be .php files, as they need to be processed
by the web server. With this if you modify header.html, the modification
will be visible in all files where it is included.

> Or better yet, can you tell me where in the docs these subjects are
> located? I would really rather learn on my own. Thank you for your
> help.

You can read about this in the PHP documentation. If your distribution
did not install it by default, right click somewhere on an empty area of
the Documentation treeview and download the PHP (and other)
documentation, so you will have context help from inside Quanta.

Andras
PS: Please subscribe to the list, so I don't have to approve each of
your mails.