List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] New Kommander HTTP plugin
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-21 19:05:50

Hi all,
In case you are interested there is a new Kommander HTTP plugin that will
handle HTTPS and password protected areas. Why would you want it? I'm using
Kommander with the Database plugin to build a custom data based application
for my business. I have local and online data and I don't want to leave my
ports open on my server, so I just use PHP files in a secure area. The HTTP
plugin can easily do post and get. So you can make a really useless web
browser if you like or you can submit form data. I use it for SMMS too. For
my data application I can enter a new product in a form which all looks local
anywhere on my local net, and connects via HTTPS to my server, submits the
entry, gets the new autogenerated key and then writes it in my local net
database with the same key. Now my online and local data is in sync and I
enter data only once for two places.

There are a lot of other things you can do with it. Basically anything you
could send over a web form you can send here and anything you can display on
a web page you can parse and display in widgets like a grid in Kommander.

We will also be making a new release soon with fixes and new features like a
new DatePicker.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org