List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] flame risk
From:       Admin <admin () ranger-infotech ! com>
Date:       2007-05-12 0:01:27

Greetings to all,
I dual boot FreeBSD 6.2 RELEASE on a Dell laptop.
I currently reside in a KOA in Brigham City, UT.
They have wireless Inet here, however, if I want to use the "good" side
of my hard drive, I have to take it over to the office and plug the cat5
in. (hassle).

I'm currently teaching myself PHP.

My Quanta Plus recognizes the code, and displays it in view, no problem.

But, the dynamic content that I wish to view does not happen within only
the box.

I believe I need to install Apache and possibly even PHP (even though it
seems to work already.)

So far, I am unable to find either one in /usr/ports.

My options, it seems, is to find a compatible wireless nic (no one
around here even knows where to get anything but a broadcom chipset
wireless nic - which I already have); or to get my own little system
here to think it's an Apache server, and parse the code appropriately.

Everything I do here (on the FreeBSD side of the box) is a supreme
hassle - having to go to their office and get the cat5 (with kids and
dogs running around the area).

Please send a little advice on brand names of NICs for the Dell Inspiron
1501 Turion64x2 and 2GB RAM - OR - tell me what I must do for PHP
parsing internally.

I appreciate all responses - even the flames I'm setting myself up for
right now.

Regards,
Z. Wade Hampton
Brigham City, UT