List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Newbie Zope and CSS questions
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-04 3:44:15

On Saturday 03 March 2007 12:22 pm, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> I'm looking into switching from my time-honored Emacs setup to Quanta.  I
> love it so far, but I'm not sure about a few things:
>
> 1) Is there a way to teach Quanta about Zope Page Template tags, perhaps by
> pointing it at a DTD for those documents?  I can't really change the DTD
> tags *inside* those files themselves, because the final rendered product
> needs to be XHTML/1.0 Transitional and not some random ZPT thing.

Read the docs. Ir you are an Emacs guy you must have heard RTF before. ;-)
Look in the section on DTEPs. As an example PHP is a psuedo DTD that inherets
whatever HTML/XHTML DTD is in use in the document. I'm not sure how much has
been done.

> 2) I want to have one central style.css file that store all of my CSS
> information for every page on the whole site.  Is there a way to get Quanta
> to do this?  Some of the screenshots I've seen would indicate so, but I
> haven't found anything definite yet.

You can do this as a matter of practice. I've mostly been writing PHP lately.
Last I checked we had not implemented the auto completion from linked files,
but it was supposed to be something we should be able to do. I spoke with
Andras about it some time ago.

> 3) How do I actually *use* templates?  After reading the handbook, I'm
> still not sure how to, say, tell it to make a new page called "foo.html"
> based on the "bar.html" template.  Is it a copy-and-paste each time or am I
> missing something?

Think of templates as basically just another file where we have added some
meta information in the folder as to what type of file it is for Quanta to
handle it and added some routines in Quanta to make it efficient to use.
Again, see the manual on templates. They can be of three types so answering
your question is not possible without addressing which type of template...
Oops, four types counting template trees that allow groups of files.

> Many thanks!

I hope this helps.

--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader