List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] File extensions, toolbars and auto-completion
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-11-16 5:29:18

I second the idea that it is bad practice to use the "inc" extension for php
include files.... it is a very dangerous practice as your include files could
be exposed by the web server (you probably should tell apache to handle these
as php as Eric described, or block access completely.)

As an example on why... do a google search for php include files:
enter into the search box:
	php filetype:inc
and have a look at what google can find!

This would also solve the Quanta problem while you are at it :-)

Eric, does editing the DTEP or DTD menu loose changes on an upgrade of Quanta?

Anyway - just really wanted to emphasise the security issues and encourage the
renaming of the include files.

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer