List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Import of M$-docs and -tables
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-10-18 16:35:06

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 8:48 am, Cloudbase wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I am a beginner with quanta and webmaster of a site of our soaring club
> in Switzerland http://www.sgbiel.ch . I receive a lot of M$-Documents,
> specially DOCs and XLS for implementation in this site. I googled a lot,
> probably with the wrong keywords :/, but I didn't find real answer for
> my questions:
> - How can I import tables out of Excel or WORD-docs the easiest way
> without the manual correction of all style tags (using CSS)?
> - How to import WORD-docs keeping all the <p> and <br>, but also here
> without all the style tags? How about changing the German "Umlaute"  äöü
> (no idea how they are called in English). There is an option for this,
> but it only helps while writing, it don't work with copy/paste.
>
> I hope there is minimum one other poor webmaster out in the M$-desert
> who has solved these problems already... ;)
>
> Thanks for all answers!
>
> Klaus
Hi Klaus,
This is not the place for general questions about managing a web site. We have
a list just for that at kdewebdev.org. The reason is we have too many users
who help new users here and off topic posts could easily get out of hand.

I suggest you search freshmeat.net for tools. I know they exist.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org