List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Has Become Very Slow to Respond
From:       Robert Tilley <tilleyrw () cfl ! rr ! com>
Date:       2006-08-07 15:36:56

On Sunday 06 August 2006 16:13, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> 1) System memory full - check your system information for swap and memory
> usage. If this is the case it likely means Quanta isn't the only thing
> that's full but it could be the worst if it's asking for more memory. If
> you are running a program that leaks a lot, like maybe opening gimp a lot
> for large files, you could have unreclaimed memory eat up everything.

Here is the output of free:

root@tilleyrw-desktop:/home/tilleyrw# free -m
Mem:           502        495          7          0          9        140
-/+ buffers/cache:        345        157
Swap:          949         12        936

It has been written that having a majority of memory in use is OK, as then it
available to be given to any program that needs memory.  In other words, I am
not knowledgeable enough to interpret these numbers.

Can someone help me to read these numbers?

Thanks, Bob
--
Man will never fly.  Space travel is merely a dream.  All aspirin is alike.