List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Web Fonts
From:       "Evren Esat OZKAN" <sleytr () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-05-24 19:02:12

You can embed fonts to Flash movies. This way total size will be sameas real text + \
font size. Or you can convert all characters to small images and write aserverside \
script which echos given text with corresponding characterimages. I was used this \
method years ago, but now flash is a betterchoice.

On 5/24/06, Donald D Henson <wepin@wepin.com> wrote:> I need to use a specific font \
for a web site project. Basically, it's> Old English. The specific font name is \
Beckman. I seem to remember, many> moons ago, that there was a way to force a font to \
be temporarily> downloaded to the users machine so that font could be used while on \
that> page. Does this capability still exist in XHTML 1.0 strict? If not, does> \
anyone have a suggested way to work around this problem? Any advice> appreciated.>> \
Donald D. Henson, Managing Director> West El Paso Information Network> The \
"Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules>>>> \