List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Web Fonts
From:       Donald D Henson <wepin () wepin ! com>
Date:       2006-05-24 17:35:04

I need to use a specific font for a web site project. Basically, it's
Old English. The specific font name is Beckman. I seem to remember, many
moons ago, that there was a way to force a font to be temporarily
downloaded to the users machine so that font could be used while on that
page. Does this capability still exist in XHTML 1.0 strict? If not, does
anyone have a suggested way to work around this problem? Any advice
appreciated.

Donald D. Henson, Managing Director
West El Paso Information Network
The "Non-Initiation of Force Principle" Rules